If you’re looking to up your dessert game this holiday season, you’ve found the perfect Homemade Gingerbread Whipped Cream to top on your desserts!
Why make homemade whipped cream when you can easily buy Reddi Whip? Great question.
It’s actually SIMPLE to make
Is creamy and flavorful
Only uses a few ingredients
Will impress your family/friends/guests
And everything is more FUN to make from scratch, right?!
Trust me…I’m human too & buy whipped cream from the store often. BUT, if you want to go the extra mile (or since this is so simple I’ll call it half mile) you can make a homemade whipped cream because it always wins them over!
Ingredients you will need:
- Heavy cream
- Gingerbread sugar (sugar with ground ginger, nutmeg, cloves & cinnamon added to it)
- Coffee extract OR vanilla extract works too.
One of my tips for making homemade whip cream is to place the mixing bowl in the freezer for about 10 minutes. This will help the cold heavy cream stay cold and form better peaks.
What to make the whipped cream in:
- Bowl and a whisk! This way takes longer, and your hand or forearm may get tired from whisking away for a longer period of time.
- Hand mixer
- Stand mixer (this is the way I make mine!)
How do you know when to stop whipping/whisking the whipped cream?
Then turn the speed up a little faster, until stiff peaks form, about another 2 minutes. Be careful not to over beat because then it will turn into butter! The cream should be able to hold its shape at this point.
What to put Homemade Gingerbread Whipped Cream on:
- Hot Cocoa
- Pumpkin Pie
- Apple Pie
- Ice Cream/Milkshakes
- Top on fresh fruit – like berries
Homemade Gingerbread Whipped Cream
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. *Gingerbread sugar
- 1 tsp. coffee extract (or vanilla)
- Choose what you will be making whip cream in: bowl & whisk, hand mixer, stand mixer. Then, place mixing bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- In cold mixing bowl, mix all 3 ingredients together on a low speed until soft peaks form, about 1 minute. Then turn up speed for an additional 2 minutes, or until stiff peaks form. Enjoy on your favorite desserts!