This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Why make homemade whipped cream when you can easily buy Reddi Whip? Great question.
- Simple to make
- Creamy and flavorful
- Only a few ingredients
- Impress family and friends
- And it’s fun to make!
Trust me…I’m human & buy whipped cream from the store often. BUT, if you want to go the extra mile (or since this is so simple I’ll call it half mile) you can make a homemade whipped cream because it always wins them over!
Ingredients you will need:
- Heavy cream
- Gingerbread sugar (sugar with ground ginger, nutmeg, cloves & cinnamon added to it)
- Coffee extract OR vanilla extract works too.
One of my tips for making homemade whip cream is to place the mixing bowl in the freezer for about 10 minutes. This will help the cold heavy cream stay cold and form better peaks.
What to make the whipped cream in:
- Bowl and a whisk! This way takes longer, and your hand or forearm may get tired from whisking away for a longer period of time.
- Hand mixer
- Stand mixer (this is the way I make mine!)
How do you know when to stop whipping/whisking the whipped cream?
Using a hand mixer or stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat the heavy cream, coffee or vanilla extract, and sugar until soft peaks form. This takes about a minute or so.
Then turn the speed up a little faster, until stiff peaks form, about another 2 minutes. Be careful not to over beat because then it will turn into butter! The cream should be able to hold its shape at this point.
What to put Homemade Gingerbread Whipped Cream on:
- Hot Cocoa
- Pumpkin Pie
- Apple Pie
- Ice Cream/Milkshakes
- Top on fresh fruit – like berries
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. Gingerbread sugar*
- 1 tsp. coffee extract (or vanilla)
Last step! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Choose what you will be making whip cream in: bowl & whisk, hand mixer, stand mixer. Then, place mixing bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- In cold mixing bowl, mix all 3 ingredients together on a low speed until soft peaks form, about 1 minute. Then turn up speed for an additional 2 minutes, or until stiff peaks form. Enjoy on your favorite desserts!