This dessert might be one of the healthiest and tastiest desserts you can choose. I am on a kiwi craze right now just because they are so yummy! Kiwi contains fiber, phytonutrients, vitamins C & E, potassium and many other minerals. They are not only great nutritionally, but they can last a while in your fridge too…about 1-2 weeks.
I want to encourage you to try kiwi out like this dipped in dark chocolate because lets be real, anything dipped in chocolate is always good. But you can also enjoy it in smoothies, yogurt or a fruit salad. This recipe is kid-friendly too! You can slide the kiwi slices on a popsicle stick to make kiwi pops for an easy way to sneak in vitamins and antioxidants for your children.
Since they have vitamin C, these kiwi dippers can even help fight off a cold through these winter months!
Chocolate Dipped Kiwi Slices
- 2 kiwi's peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate I used Trader Joe's brand
- 1 Tbsp. Kerrygold butter
- Slice kiwi in about 1 inch thick rounds.
- If using a popsicle stick to make kiwi pops, place kiwi on sticks now then put in freezer. If not, place kiwi slices on a plate lined with parchment paper in the freezer.
- While the kiwi is in the freezer (at least 15 minutes) melt the chocolate and butter using a double boiler. Remove from heat when completely melted and let cool slightly.
- Take kiwi slices out of freezer, and dip half way into the melted chocolate.
- Place back in freezer on parchment paper and let freeze for 15 more minutes.
Hi, I’m Tawnie!
Welcome to my tiny “korner” on the Internet! I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist who loves cookies as much as kale. (OK, maybe I like cookies a little bit more but shh, don’t tell anyone). I am so glad you’re here! Follow along for hassle free, realistic and approachable recipes.More about Tawnie