You can’t BEAT this Beet Pesto Pasta! Perfect for Memorial Day weekend or any summer gathering!
Beets are always so messy but I love cooking with them because they have such a pretty color and they are too healthy to ignore. With beets containing antioxidants and phytochemicals… and aiding in supporting liver health and lowering blood pressure these messy root vegetables are a-maz-ing.
I made this recipe back in June of 2015 and wanted to retake the pictures and update the recipe a little – I had forgotten how tasty this recipe is!
- 3 beets, washed
- 1/2 box of bow tie pasta
- 3 tsp. garlic, chopped
- Juice + zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil and place the cleaned beets in for 30-40 minutes, or until soft. Fork should easily poke through the beets. While the beets are cooking, bring another pot of water to boil to cook the bow ties.
- Once cooked, drained beets and peel the skin off. Chop the beets and place into a food processor. Add in all of the ingredients, except the parm, and blend until smooth. Add more olive oil if needed.
- Once bow ties are cooked, mix the beet pesto in with the drained noodles. Add the parm and serve immediately.
- You will have extra pesto. Save for up to 5 days.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @krolls_korner on Instagram or send me a pic, I’d love to see!