EASY and Satisfying Breakfast that takes minutes to make! Avocado topped with Cheesy Scrambled Eggs is high in protein, healthy fats & low carb!
Disclosure: I am an Egg Enthusiast with the Egg Nutrition Center, and this information was sourced from their website. I was not compensated to write this post and all opinions are my own!
This breakfast was very satisfying and kept me full for a large chunk of the morning! And that is saying a lot because I am ALWAYS hungry.
Nothing is worse than a breakfast that does not fill you up! Or when you just skip breakfast all together.
I love having avocado in the AM especially with eggs and it is fun to enjoy your eggs a different way like scooped into an avocado halve!
Let’s talk EGG NUTRITION + FACTS
[Tweet “Did you know eating eggs has been associated with improved cognitive performance in adults? #EggEnthusiast #PutAnEggOnIt #KrollsKorner”]
One large egg is 70 calories.
One large egg has varying amounts of 13 essential vitamins and minerals, including choline plus the antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin.
Speaking of lutein and zeaxanthin, these nutrients are very important for brain health and cognition. One egg has 252 mg lutein and zeaxanthin.
Lutein and zeaxanthin can also help protect eyes from blue light. (Hellooooo Iphone at night scrolling through the gram!!)
[Tweet “Did you know feeding common food allergens, such as eggs, when a baby is developmentally ready (between 4-6 months) may actually lessen the chances of developing an allergy to that food? #Eggspert #EggEnthusiast #Krollskorner”]
Every one is still worried about cholesterol in eggs.
Cholesterol is no longer a nutrient of concern!
Government and other public health organizations have removed dietary cholesterol limits including eggs in recommended healthy eating patterns. #EATTHEYOLK
One large egg has 6 grams of high-quality protein (12% of the recommended Daily Value (DV) and all 9 essential amino acids. Nearly half of the egg’s protein is in the yolk, so eat the whole egg for all of the protein.
Fitness tips: Eating high-quality protein, like eggs, with carbs post-workout can help build muscle and optimize recovery.
Avocado Topped w/ Cheesy Scrambled Eggs
- 4 medium avocados
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. microgreens for garnish
- 1/2 roma tomato diced
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: drizzle with Sriracha or other hot sauce
- Cut the avocados in half and remove pit. Scoop a little bit of avocado out of each half to make a bowl shape to fit the egg in. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil In a small pan over medium heat. Pour the eggs in and allow them to cook, stirring gently. Scramble the eggs and mix in the cheese, salt and pepper about 1 minute before the eggs are done. You can either mix in the tomatoes and micro greens, or top on your eggs which ever you prefer. Scoop eggs into the avocado, and enjoy!