This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Lentil Won Ton Tacos are my healthy and creative spin on regular tacos.
Typically won ton wrappers are used to make wonton dumplings. I thought it would be fun to use them to make a healthy finger-food appetizer.
Lentils are one of those foods I have a back and fourth relationship with. I feel like I go on a lentils kick, and then I almost forget about them for a while. Does that happen to anyone else with certain foods??
I would love to find a routine way to include them into my diet since they are so good for you. See, even dietitians struggle with finding balance in food too!
Lentils contain fiber, protein, potassium, folate and iron (just to name a few) and are a perfect plant based option for vegetarians or vegans.
For this recipe, I used green lentils simply because that is what I had on hand – but there are a variety of lentils and you can use any of them for these won ton tacos.
Note on storage of lentils: I like to keep dry lentils in my cupboard on the shelf or just in a dry, dark, cool location. They have a shelf life for up to 1 year! If you have open bags of lentils laying around the house, I would transfer them into an airtight container to reserve the shelf life of them.
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- 12 Square won ton wrappers
- 1 (15. oz.) can low sodium refried beans
- 1 cup cooked green lentils
- Homemade taco seasoning (see notes)
- Garnishes: cherry tomatoes (cilantro, greek yogurt, jalapeños, cilantro, hot sauce, etc.)
Last step! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray a cupcake pan with non stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix 1 cup cooked lentils with taco seasoning.
- Place 1 won ton wrapper down into cupcake tin and spread 1 Tbsp. refried beans on the bottom of the won ton. Then layer another won ton wrapper over it and scoop in some of the cooked lentils. Repeat until finished. Bake for 15 minutes or until wrappers appear golden brown.
- Remove from tin and garnish with your favorite taco toppings!
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is automatically calculated. It should only be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Kroll’s Korner can’t make any guarantees to the accuracy of this information.