Crack into these delicious Avocado Deviled Eggs with your family and friends this Easter Sunday!
Happy Tuesday! I did not get around to posting yesterday sooo how was everyone’s weekend? Busy I’m sure. I had a pretty relaxing weekend – didn’t go anywhere or have anything planned to do around town. My brother and his wife had an impromptu BBQ on Saturday night and I brought these deviled eggs…everyone seemed to really like them so I thought hey, might as well put them on the blog!
These 2-bite appetizers are typically high in calories, fat and sodium so I revamped my recipe by including the avocado and omitting the mayo. I am personally not a fan of mayo anyways so the classic deviled egg has never been appealing to me! This really is a healthful appetizer because it has healthful fats, vitamin A and B vitamins too. YUM!
- 6 boiled eggs
- 1 large avocado
- Juice from 1/2 Lime
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/8 tsp. dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika or chili powder to sprinkle on top
- Halve the boiled eggs and remove the yolks, set the yolks in a bowl and place the egg whites on a platter.
- Add the avocado to the bowl with the egg yolks and mash until mixed.
- Mix in the lime juice, onion, mustard, salt and pepper, garlic salt. Stir together to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the egg while halves and sprinkle chili powder or paprika on top for color.
- Check out my tips on how to make the perfect hard boiled eggs for this recipe! http://krollskorner.com/recipes/make-best-boiled-eggs/
No time to look now? Pin this recipe for later!
What are you making this Easter? Any family traditions? I’d love to hear!
Did you make this recipe? Tag @krolls_korner on Instagram or send me a pic, I’d love to see!
- Looking for easy and healthy recipes? Head over to my Pinterest page to get inspired!
- You can also find me on Twitter and Facebook – follow along for nutrition info and more recipes.