This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
June 2016 – Theme
June Theme: Celebrate a ReDuxer!
For ReDux’s birthday month, let’s celebrate each other! Pick a fellow ReDuxer, go to their blog and either make one of their recipes or create one of your own inspired by theirs. In your post, give your readers a little intro to this blogger, what you like about this blogger/their blog and either link to their recipe you made or share your brand new “inspired” creation.
I have been following Sonali’s blog for over a year now and all of her recipes are sooo drool worthy! She has amazing food ideas and the food photography is outstanding. Needless to say she always does top notch work. She is a board certified Emergency Medicine physician, culinary school graduate, recipe developer and bona fide foodie! She attended culinary school at the Institute of Culinary Education and also is an author of several cookbooks you can find on her website.
Just to brag about Sonali a little more…she has won or placed in several contests including the Sutter Home Build a Better Burger Contest, National Beef Cook-Off, and National Chicken Contest. In addition, her recipes have been published in magazines including Everyday with Rachel Ray, Better Homes & Gardens and Taste of Home. SO cool, right?
[Tweet “Zucchini Tots by The Foodie Physician! She is simply a genius! #TheRecipeRedux http://www.thefoodiephysician.com/”]
I love her philosophy of eating in moderation and maintaining an active lifestyle. She enjoys discussing the health benefits of foods and encourages people to know what they are eating so they can make smart food choices all day long. This falls so much in line with my philosophy as well!
Hope you enjoy her recipe!
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- 1 heaping cup grated zucchini
- ¼ cup finely chopped shallot or yellow onion
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup whole wheat panko or other unseasoned dried breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Olive oil
- Marinara sauce for serving
Last step! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the grated zucchini in cheesecloth or a kitchen towel and wring all of the excess water out (it will be a lot!).
- Place the zucchini in a bowl along with all of the other ingredients except the olive oil. Mix until combined. If the mixture seems too wet, add a little more breadcrumbs.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Take a tablespoon of the mixture and form it into an oval shape. Repeat with the remaining mixture. Arrange the tots on a single layer on the baking sheet and spray or brush the tops lightly with olive oil.
- Bake until puffed up and cooked through, about 20 minutes. Flip halfway through cooking. Serve with marinara sauce or other dipping sauce.
- One tot: Calories 20; Fat 0.8g (Sat 0.4g); Protein 1.4g; Carb 2g; Fiber 0.3g; Sodium 60mg
[inlinkz_linkup id=635322 mode=1]