This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I am always trying to find more creative ways to include vegetables in my diet. Dipping cucumbers in hummus gets old pretty fast! Soup is a perfect way to get a serving or 2 of vegetables in our diets, especially with this all veggie soup. I wanted to share some tips on ways to include more veggies in your diet other than this soup recipe. Eatright.org is where I am pulling some of these tips from!
- Make a veggie wrap with roasted vegetables and low-fat cheese rolled in a whole-wheat tortilla.
- Grill colorful vegetable kabobs packed with tomatoes, green and red peppers, mushrooms and onions.
- Stock your freezer with frozen vegetables to steam or stir-fry for a quick side dish.
- Stuff an omelet with vegetables. Turn any omelet into a hearty meal with broccoli, squash, carrots, peppers, tomatoes or onions with low-fat sharp cheddar cheese.
- Keep cut vegetables handy for mid-afternoon snacks, side dishes, lunch box additions or a quick nibble while waiting for dinner
[Tweet “Vegetarian Zoodle Soup, easy and delicious way to get your veggies in for the day! | Krollskorner.com”]
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- 3 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 can kidney beans (low sodium, drained)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced- (I used out of the jar))
- 1/2 large red onion (diced)
- 3-5 carrots (peeled and diced)
- 3 stalks celery (diced)
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tsp. Sriracha
- 2 large zucchini (spiralized)
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice (I used 1/2 lemon)
- salt and pepper to taste
Last step! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add garlic, onion, carrots and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in thyme, rosemary, and oregano until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Meanwhile cook quinoa if you have not done so already.
- Whisk in vegetable stock and 2 cups water; bring to a boil. Stir in zucchini noodles, quinoa and kidney beans; reduce heat and simmer until zucchini is tender, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and Sriracha; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately.