If you ask me, tortellini skewers are such a cute party idea. They help keep portions in check and you can layer so many yummy foods together to create the most delicious combo. How fun would these be for your Memorial Day Weekend?! You can layer salami on these as well too but I kept these vegetarian friendly when making them today. The good thing about this appetizer or side dish is that it is filling! Don’t you just hate going to a party or gathering and they have all of these appetizers that you feel you can just mindlessly munch on forever? Like chips and salsa for example (guilty!)
When you host your own party it can be a little overwhelming, especially if you are the one doing all of the cooking and cleaning. These tort skewers will make your life and party planning prep a little easier because you can make the pesto and cook off the torts the night before. On the day of the party an hour or so before your gusts arrive, layer your fixings on the sticks and you’ll be good to go! Anything to make things less stressful and I am in! I am a big fan of pesto, and I usually make it with avocados because it gives it such a yummy creamy texture. But today I tried a lemon spinach pesto and it did not disappoint! I hope you and your friends and family can enjoy these as much as mine did! <3
- 1 package spinach and cheese tortellini
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cubed pepper jack cheese
- 3 cup packed spinach
- 1/4 cup pinenuts
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- fresh lemon juice from 1 lemon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. garlic
- Bring a pot of water to boil and cook the tortellini according to package. Once cooked, drain and let cold water run over tortellini to stop the cooking process. You do not want your tortellini to be mushy and fall off of the skewers.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients (from spinach to garlic on the list above) and blend until smooth. Add more olive oil or seasonings if desired.
- Layer the skewers as you would like: I did tortellini, tomato, cheese, tomato, tortellini. Once completed, place on a serving platter with the lemon spinach pesto in the center for dipping.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @krolls_korner on Instagram or send me a pic, I’d love to see!
- Looking for easy and healthy recipes? Head over to my Pinterest page to get inspired!
- You can also find me on Twitter and Facebook – follow along for nutrition info and more recipes.
💚TORTELLINI SKEWERS WITH LEMON SPINACH PESTO 💚 Happy September! ☺️ I'm sending you off into #laborday weekend with this yummy appetizer you can bring to parties and bbqs 🙌🏼🍋 Grab the full recipe #ontheblog per usual 😘 ••https://krollskorner.com/recipes/tortellini-skewers-with-lemon-spinach-pesto/ •• #krollskorner #appetizer #easy