This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Thanksgiving side dishes can be tough recipes to decide on. I’ll help with the decision making for you with these Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Honey and Cinnamon – they are a must on your dinner table!
When I think of sweet potato on Thanksgiving I think of the popular Thanksgiving dish that is the casserole type with marshmallows smothered on top.
I’m going to be honest with you, I’ve never been a fan of sweet potatoes made with marshmallows!
Call me crazy but I just never could get on board with the marshmallows and sweet potato combination.
That’s why I made these roasted sweet potatoes and sweetened them up a bit with honey. They caramelize so well in the oven they taste like pieces of candy!
Sweet potatoes are a staple of many holiday dishes which is great because they are packed with nutrients.
You can make this root vegetable with fewer calories and plenty of flavor by making this recipe. I use honey to sweeten the potatoes and my secret is using pumpkin pie spice – SO good!
You can even add in some fresh thyme or rosemary once you take the sweet potatoes out of the oven to add a fresh fragrant aroma to this side dish.
I just love the simplicity of these and know you will too!
If we want to talk nutrition, sweet potatoes are a great source of vitamin C and a good source of fiber and potassium. All great nutrients to keep your Thanksgiving meal balanced.
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- 3 Sweet Potatoes ((washed, peeled, cubed))
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Olive oil (or butter)
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Dash Pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
Last step! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Put the cubed sweet potatoes in a large zip lock baggie and add in olive oil, honey and spices. Seal baggie and shake it up until potatoes are coated nicely.
- Evenly spread on a cookie sheet and make sure they are coated well with the seasoning and honey.Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until they are tender. Place in serving bowl, and drizzle with a little more EVOO for a finishing look.