This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Savor the Flavor of Eating Right this month with this nutrient packed PIZZA! Who knew a pizza could be so healthy?! Not only was this pizza fun to make but it was super tasty as well. I do not have any kiddos of my own but I thought what a fun family night this could be to get kids involved in food prep. Children enjoy colorful foods and especially if they can make a design on a pizza out of the veggies – probably one of the few times you’ll allow them to “play with their food!” 🙂 This veggie pizza can also be a great way to start introducing your kids to farmer’s markets and choosing foods that are in season. Have them pick out the produce they are interested in and the farmers can explain how the produce is grown. When you get home you can all try it out together on your pizza. If you involve the kids in the process they are more likely to consume the veggies!
[Tweet “Savor the Flavor of Eating Right with this rainbow veggie pizza! #NNM2016”]
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- 1/2 red onion (chopped)
- 1/3 cup broccolini
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 large zucchini (thinly sliced)
- red (orange, and yellow bell pepper, diced)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2-1 cup pizza sauce (homemade or buy)
- Pre-made pizza dough or homemade (I purchased a thin crust)
- Olive oil
- Fresh Parmesan for garnish
Last step! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chop all of your veggies and place in separate bowls to keep organized.
- Brush the pizza dough with a little olive oil (1-2 Tbsp). Then, using a ladle swirl the pizza sauce around the dough right up until you reach the edges of the pizza. Then sprinkle with cheese.
- Next, carefully arrange your veggies on the pizza. I started with a small amount of onion in the middle, then made rings around the with the remaining veggies. Order: onion, red bell, orange bell, yellow bell, zucchini topped with broccolini, and layered the perimeter of the pizza with the halved tomatoes.
- Cook in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Enjoy with fresh Parmesan on top!