Pistachio pork medallions are a great way to impress your family & friends. Baked to perfection with a hint of citrus that will make your taste buds happy!
Disclosure: I was not compensated for writing this post.
This is the last blog post for the Old Town Clovis Pistachio Party happening this Saturday, Sept. 30th! I hope you all have enjoyed following along this week with my pistachio filled recipes!
This was fun and super simple to make. Sometimes I feel myself getting caught up in the same routine of having chicken or ground turkey for dinner and this was suuuuch a nice change! My roomies and their significants all had a taste and they approved so that made me happy!
You can make these pistachio pork medallions Gluten Free recipe by simply using gluten free flour instead of all purpose & GF breadcrumbs! 🙂 I hope you can make it out to the Old Town Clovis Pistachio Party and thank you for following along with all of my pistachio filled recipes this week!
- 1 Pork tenderloin
- 1 Cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 1/3 cup whole, unsalted pistachios
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. orange zest
- 1 Tbsp. garlic
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1 tsp. salt & pepper
- 3-4 large eggs
- canola oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and set aside. Then, cut pork tenderloin in 1/2 inch thick slices and set aside. (These are your medallions, I formed mine with my hands to make a circular shape).
- Grind pistachios in a food processor. Then add in breadcrumbs, zest, garlic, and rosemary and pulse until combined well. Set aside in a bowl.
- Crack eggs in a medium bowl and whisk. Place flour (with the salt and pepper added) in a medium-large bowl. Line up your 3 bowls: egg wash, flour, and breadcrumb mixture.
- Dip pork tenderloin slices in the egg wash, then in the flour, back in the egg and then in the breadcrumbs. Set on a plate.
- Heat the canola oil in a frying pan until sizzling hot. The smoke point is 400 degrees for canola oil! Cook each medallion on each side for ~2 minutes, being sure not to burn the pistachio crust. You may need to work the pork in batches.
- Place medallions on the prepared baking sheet and bake in oven for 8-10 minutes, or until fully cooked inside. Enjoy with your favorite side dishes!