Say hello to these no sugar added Olive Oil Orange Rosemary Muffins! Light, moist and delicious muffins for brunch or a cozy morning in cuddled on the couch.
Life lately has been a little crazy. I want to start getting more personal and open with you all on my website mainly because I will be spending a lot more time dedicated to Kroll’s Korner. I put my 2 weeks in at my 8-5 job to spend my time blogging and teaching indoor cycling and pilates. *Say whaaaaaaat?!* Yep. It’s happening. And I could not be any more excited, nervous, happy, scared… and I am fully embracing it all. I want to be scared sometimes. I want to wake up and truly be happy each and every day I live. I have surrounded myself the past 3-4 years with successful Dietitians and bloggers who are making a living being entrepreneurs. They have been my motivation. When I think of being an entrepreneur…I know I have the drive. I have the motivation. I have the courage. I know I can do this, I just need support from my family, friends, and all of you!
Many of you may have known I worked at a school district and made the menus for the K-12 program, and had several other responsibilities as well. While the job was great for me, and I learned a lot, I knew it was time for the next chapter in life. The time has come, and I am making the jump! My last day is April 20th, 2018! I don’t think I will feel like this is all real until that first Monday I don’t have to hustle to my desk and make it there by 8AM. I GET TO MAKE MY OWN SCHEDULE. Bizarre.
Any tips on embarking on this next chapter are fully welcomed!! Thank you all for continuing to follow along and I can’t wait to start engaging more with you!!
OK let’s get back to these Olive Oil muffins.
Have you ever baked with olive oil before? Extra Virgin Olive Oil in my opinion adds an incredible depth and flavor to baked goods. It is also rich in monounsaturated fats, polyphenols and Vitamin E. #DietitianApproved
I made these recently on KMPH Fox 26 and the staff loved them! You can catch the segments here.
Let me know in the comments below if you’ve ever baked with olive oil before!
Olive Oil Orange Rosemary Muffins
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Sprouted flour
- 1/2 Tbsp. dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 3/4 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3 Tbsp. orange juice, fresh
- 2 Tbsp. orange zest
- 1 slice orange, quartered for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a muffin tin with PAM and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, sprouted flour, dried rosemary, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add the olive oil, milk, juice, zest and whisk to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix just until combined; do not over mix!
- Using a 3/4 cup measuring cup, fill each muffin tin. Top with quartered orange slices!
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until slightly golden, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool slightly before eating, or just enjoy right away if you can't wait like me!
Hi, I’m Tawnie!
Welcome to my tiny “korner” on the Internet! I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist who loves cookies as much as kale. (OK, maybe I like cookies a little bit more but shh, don’t tell anyone). I am so glad you’re here! Follow along for hassle free, realistic and approachable recipes.More about Tawnie