This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Sweet Potatoes with Guacamole – easy, healthy AND tasty, what more could you ask for!?
(This post was from 2015 originally) … I finally have a moment to sit down and do some blogging, yay! This past weekend was filled with happiness and a lot of celebrating. Last Friday, not only did I graduate from my dietetic internship with Fresno State…but on the same day got offered a job to work at Clovis Unified School District as their Nutritionist! I was one happy girl that day. Even though the title of the position is nutritionist, once I pass my exam I will still be an RDN working in a nutritionist position. There is a lot of room for growth with this district and I am so excited for this next chapter in my life! Now that all of the parties and sharing fun times with family and friends has come to an end, I spent some time in the kitchen creating these healthy and tasty sweet potato sliders with homemade guac. mmmm…
Inspo for this recipe came from Terri Fry @donetoatee. I love sweet potato, and I love guac…it beats me as to why I have never thought of this myself! Since I am still blogging for the Bar Method Fresno I made these for this weeks theme “Healthy BBQ idea” & also because Memorial Day Weekend is approaching. I am really burnt out on macaroni salad and all of those high fat sides… If you are too, try making these for your guests and see what they think!
[Tweet “Sweet Potato Sliders with Homemade Guacamole! https://krollskorner.com/recipes/sweet-potato-sliders-with-homemade-guacamole/”]
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
For the sweet potatoes
- 2 Medium sized sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. EVOO
- salt and pepper to taste
For the guac
- 5 Large avocados
- 2 roma tomatoes (diced, seeds removed)
- 1/4 cup red onion (diced)
- 2 tsp. fresh garlic
- Lime of 1 juice
- Juice of 1/2 naval orange
- 3 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno (diced)
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
Last step! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Wash and slice sweet potatoes into 1 inch rounds. Mix the slices in a bowl with salt, pepper, and olive oil until rounds are lightly coated. Place on the baking sheet and bake for ~20-30 minutes, or until tender.
- While sweet potatoes cook, Prepare the guacamole. Mash the avocados in a medium sized bowl and mix in all other ingredients. Adjust seasonings if desired.
- Let the sweet potatoes cool slightly before placing guacamole on top. Top with fresh cilantro and tomato for garnish and serve immediately!
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is automatically calculated. It should only be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Kroll's Korner can’t make any guarantees to the accuracy of this information.