Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce is a great low carb alternative to regular Alfredo sauce. It’s easy to make and very flavorful!
Cauliflower is still a hot and trendy topic. I thought cauliflower pizza and pasta died back in 2015 but according to my poll on Instagram this week everyone is still excited it about all things cauliflower!
Don’t get me wrong, I love cauliflower just as much as you do!!! And sometimes, something lightened up like this cauliflower Alfredo sauce just sounds sooo good!
This sauce is:
- Easy to make – only takes a food processor or blender!
- Healthy and nutrient rich
- Low carb
- Easily whipped up in 20 minutes
This sauce has the perfect creaminess and is easily whipped up in 20 minutes!
I paired my sauce with broccoli and linguini and it was a delicious weeknight dinner. You can make this into chicken Alfredo, Alfredo flatbreads, or even make a Chicken Alfredo pot pie mmmm!
[Tweet “CAULFREDO! All my cauliflower fans – rejoice!! This sauce is AMAZING!! |Krollskorner.com”]
Next time you buy a head of cauliflower try out this recipe – you won’t regret it!! 🙂
Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 4 Tablespoons garlic I used jarred garlic
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 Tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
- optional: squeeze of fresh lemon
- salt and pepper To Taste
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a large pot. While it comes to boil, chop cauliflower into small pieces. Drop cauliflower into boiling broth, turn heat down to medium/low and cover with a lid. Let the cauliflower cook for 10 minutes or until soft with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small saute pan, cook garlic and butter for 3-4 minutes over medium heat. Once cauliflower is done, stain and dump into your food processor or food blender. (Reserve 1/2 cup broth!). Mix the broth, cauliflower and remaining ingredients in food processor until smooth.
- Enjoy sauce over pasta and steamed veggies!