Chocolate Chip Muesli Cookies – for breakfast or for dessert, it’s up to you!
Talk about mouth watering!! These cookies are not only delicious but also packed with a ton of nutrients. I have always been a fan of oatmeal raisin cookies but I think these ones taste so much better! They are chewy, moist, and a little more substantial than just your regular oatmeal raisin cookie.
I have yet to make my own homemade muesli, so I had some leftover Bob’s Red Mill and used that in this recipe. In attempt to make these cookies “healthier” I cut back on the brown sugar, added some honey and added hemp seeds for a boost of protein and omega-3s. The texture of these cookies is simply amazing with a just little bit of crispiness in each bite.
🍪🍫The chocolate chip muesli cookie recipe is here! 🍫🍪 I have been eating these cookies for breakfast, snack and dessert 🙈 I may be biased but I LOVE them!! 😍🙌🏼 I made these for the bloggy back in March 2015 (what the heck?) and I forgot how tastayy they are! 😋 I used @bobsredmill #muesli and my no sugar added homemade applesauce from the blog 👍🏼 Hope you enjoy, find the recipe by clicking the #linkinprofile 🤗🍪 Off to enjoy the final hours of the weekend! #Cookies #krollskorner #treatyoself ✨•• https://krollskorner.com/recipes/chocolate-chip-muesli-cookies/ •• ✨ PS- I hope this video makes you laugh as much as it makes me 😂 #spongebob
The combination of healthy fats, protein, fiber, and antioxidants in these cookies makes it feel like you aren’t even eating a cookie anymore! These are totally guilt free but at the same time will satisfy your sweet tooth. Hope you enjoy!
- 3/4 cup sifted whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2/3 cup homemade apple sauce
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. hemp seeds
- 1 cup Muesli (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 6 oz. dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together. Set aside.
- Whisk together applesauce, sugar, honey and vanilla. Beat in the egg and then add in the flour mixture and mix.
- Stir in muesli, chocolate chips, and hemp seeds. Drop by tablespoonful’s on lightly greased cookie sheet and bake for 10-13 minutes.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @krolls_korner on Instagram or send me a pic, I’d love to see!