This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Disclosure: I was not compensated for my time writing this post & all opinions are my own. Separately from this blog post I made a 60 second video and I was compensated for that. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Kroll’s Korner up and running!
I made this Herb Chicken Pasta Bake with Modern Table Meals pasta…have you tried it before?
I was introduced to it a couple months ago and I’m hooked! The noodles are full of plant protein, gluten free (if that’s your thing), and are made with a blend of lentils, rice, and pea protein.
If you’re still feeling like ehhh…Tawnie, that sounds weird to me…they also have “meal kits” and mac and cheese you can start out with too – which I really like for a quick lunch or dinner paired with a veggie + protein.
I feel like a lot of pasta alternatives have a sticky texture and really don’t taste like true pasta. This pasta, and a few others, are the only ones I will buy now.
I even have my husband on board with this pasta, and that is saying a LOT!
You can prep the chicken and boil the pasta ahead of time, and then assemble & bake when you are ready. Which is what I would recommend if you are wanting it for a quick weeknight meal! Also if you want it to be extra creamy, double the sauce in the recipe below!
What are some of your favorite weeknight dinner/go-to meals?!
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- 3 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 2 Tbsp. rosemary, fresh
- 2 Tbsp. thyme, fresh
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon All-Purpose flour (Optional: Gluten Free Flour)
- 1 cup chicken broth (low-sodium)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf Italian parsley (roughly chopped)
- 2 packages (16oz) Modern Table Meals Penne Pasta (Or pasta of choice )
- salt and pepper – 1/4 tsp. each
- 3 cloves garlic, fresh (chopped)
- Parmesan, grated (garnish)
Last step! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, and cook shell pasta according to package.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Season chicken, in a medium bowl, on both sides with salt, pepper, 1 Tbsp. rosemary and 1 Tbsp. thyme. Heat the olive oil and fresh garlic over medium heat in a large skillet. Add chicken, to the hot oil and cook for about 10 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Remove chicken from skillet and set aside. Add mushrooms to skillet and turn heat to medium-high; cook stirring occasionally for 4 minutes. Mushrooms should begin to sweat. Add flour to skillet, stirring to coat. Stir in chicken broth, wine, and mustard. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly, ~5 minutes.
- In a Pyrex or oven safe casserole dish, combine cooked pasta, cubed chicken, remaining herbs and mushroom sauce into the dish and mix well. Cook in oven for 15-20 minutes, and enjoy!
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is automatically calculated. It should only be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary and Kroll’s Korner can’t make any guarantees to the accuracy of this information.
[Tweet “Do you like easy dinners? Yep – I knew you did. That’s why I made this yummy Herb Chicken Pasta Bake just for you! Krollskorner.com”]