Overnights Oats have been one of the most enjoyable breakfasts for me lately. It’s easy to make, convenient, healthy and super delicious. Especially when made with heart-healthy pistachios from Wonderful Pistachios!
Disclosure: “I received free samples of Wonderful Pistachios mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Wonderful Pistachios and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.”
The more and more I talk to people about healthful eating, everyone always seems to have the most struggles with breakfast. “What should I eat for breakfast?” “My breakfast routine is so boring, I always end up having the same thing!”
I typically recommend a variety of foods, but the majority of people always love a good overnight oats recipe! Incorporating nuts (especially Wonderful Pistachios) into your breakfast routine can be beneficial in so many ways. Just 1.5 ounces per day of most nuts, like pistachios, is a great way to maintain a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol and may aid in reducing the risk of heart disease. They are also one of the lowest calorie and lowest fat nut out of all the nuts! Just call Wonderful Pistachios he Fit NutTM or Skinny NutTM!!
While this recipe uses the Wonderful Pistachios that come with no shell, I LOVE this principle about the in-shell pistachios:
- “In-Shell Pistachios are known as The Mindful NutTM because they may help you “fool yourself full”because the leftover shells may provide a visual cue for portions, potentially helping to curb intake. We call this the Pistachio Principle. One preliminary behavioral study found that participants who consumed in-shell pistachios ate 41-percent fewer calories compared to those who consumed pistachios without the shell. Those who chose the “no shells” pistachios consumed an average of 211 calories, while those who chose the in-shell variety consumed an average of 125 calories, suggesting that empty shells may provide a visual cue for portions, potentially helping curb intake.”
[Tweet “#Sponsored – Overnights Oats have been one of the most enjoyable breakfasts for me lately. Especially when made with heart-healthy pistachios from Wonderful Pistachios! #TheRecipeRedux ||krollskorner.com”]
Did you know…? Pistachios are known as The Colorful NutTM that help you snack colorfully: pistachios’ green and red purple hues come from antioxidants.
Have you made overnight oats yet?! There are so many fun flavors to try but this recipe with Wonderful Pistachios is on repeat in my house!
Overnight Oats with Pistachios
Overnights Oats are easy to make, convenient, healthy and super delicious. Especially when made with heart-healthy pistachios from Wonderful Pistachios!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 1 cup whole milk or milk of choice
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 cup Wonderful Pistachios, chopped
- 1 scoop Protein Powder of choice
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon powder
In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together. Only mix 1/2 cup of the chopped Wonderful Pistachios in to the oat mixture, reserve the other 1/2 cup for topping.
Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in fridge overnight or for at least 4 hours. Enjoy with chopped Wonderful Pistachios on top and more banana if desired!
You may also store these in mason jars so it's easy for a grab and go breakfast!