Berry Balsamic Chia Seed Jam is my new JAM! Spread this chia seed jam on toast or top it on your morning oatmeal bowl for a boost of flavor and nutrients!
This is my first post for the Whole Foods Market Fresno Insta Meet! Whole Foods Market in Fresno had generously asked me to be a part of their first Insta Meet which will be hosted on March 4th, 2017 at their store. I will be joined with 2 other health & beauty influencers in the Fresno area. It should be such a FUN day!
This is a sneak peak of the first recipe I will be preparing and sampling for March 4th. It is a fun and unique way to enjoy jam and sneak those nutrient rich packed chia seeds in your diet!
I made this delicious berry balsamic chia seed jam in 45 minutes. It was so simple and so much more flavorful (and healthful) than store bought jam!! I am honestly not a big jam person – but this one is a keeper in my books.
Plant based omega-3s are so important for us – such as the chia seeds that make up a large part of this jam! Other planed based omega-3s include walnuts and ground flax. I sprinkle chia seeds on a lot of my foods – especially yogurts and salads – because it is low in calories and is packed with nutrients.
- 2-3 cups chopped strawberries, fresh
- 3 Tbsp. chia seed
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1/3 cup water
- Cook all of the ingredients in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring all ingredients together.
- Once it comes to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Try to mash the strawberries as much as you can. I left a few chunks of strawberries in mine.
- After the 20 minutes, remove from heat and let it completely cool, about 25 minutes. Pour into a glass jar and store in the fridge.
- Recipe inspired by thenutritiouskitchen