These 5-Ingredient energy bars are super delicious and packed with protein, antioxidants, Vitamin E, fiber and unsaturated fats. They are also a good weight management snack! This recipe is perfect to enjoy as an energy bar or even crumbled up as granola.
I’ll admit: I am a big fan of energy bars. Go Macro bars, Square bars, Perfect Bars, RX Bars…I love them all! haha. Buuuut nothing beats making a bar from scratch. Being in total control over the ingredients is fun – you can toss in anything you like! This recipe was so easy and took me all of 20 minutes to put together. You need to keep them in the fridge for them to form overnight, so they’re perfect for making the night before and enjoying with breakfast in the AM!
I’ve been cooking and baking a lot lately with almond and peanut butter because I have ~20 jars in my pantry right now. Not even kidding!! They are either from me buying them or companies sending but I have quite the display of nut butters haha.
Anywho, I hope you like this recipe – it’s nice to have for a snack ready to go or something to add to your breakfast routine!
- 1 cup almonds*
- 1.5 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- optional: coconut flakes
- Place almonds, oats, and cranberries in a bowl. Warm honey and almond butter in a small saucepan over low heat until mixed. Pour over oat and almond mixture and stir together.
- Once mixed, transfer to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and flatter and form into a 1 inch thick rectangle. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight. Once hardened, cut and store in an airtight container. Will stay good for up to 5 days.
- May sub peanut butter for almond butter.
- May sub honey for maple syrup.
- *I pulsed my almonds in my food processor a couple times before mixing.
- I also like to break up the bars and use as granola!
- Makes 14-16 bars
No time to look now? Pin this recipe for later!
Whatcha waitin’ for?
Did you make this recipe? Tag @krolls_korner on Instagram or send me a pic, I’d love to see!
- Looking for easy and healthy recipes? Head over to my Pinterest page to get inspired!
- You can also find me on Twitter and Facebook – follow along for nutrition info and more recipes.