Hi friends & family! Welcome to this months Recipe Redux blog post! This months theme was pretty general…the opportunities seemed endless!
July theme: Fresh from the Garden: The season of bountiful produce has arrived. Whether your produce comes from the farmers’ market, a CSA share, or a plot of dirt out back, show how you are using fresh July fruits or veggies.
A local fruit broker dropped off a ton of peaches for us at work last week and I was like a little kid in a candy store stocking up my bags with all of natures candy. I made sure I got plenty of yellow peaches because I knew I would either be baking or cooking up something yummy for this months theme. I actually tasted a peach BBQ sauce not too long ago and now that I had a ton of peaches I decided to create a recipe of my own! It was so much fun and super simple too. I placed all my ingredients in the food processor all at once, blended until smooth, and voila. It was done. I paired this sauce with a grilled chicken breast but I was also imagining it on a rack of ribs, pork chops, or on a tri tip sandwich mmmm.
- 1 t dried basil
- 2 T garlic, minced
- 1 T Lemon juice, fresh
- 4 large peaches, pitted, skin removed, cut in half (should equal ~2-3 cups)
- 1 t onion powder
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 2 T Worcestershire sauce
- 2 T low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 T brown sugar
- 4 T Sriracha sauce
- 1 small jalapeno, diced
- 3 T EVOO
- salt and pepper To Taste (TT)
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor until well blended. If too thick, add 1/4 cup water.
- Heat sauce in a medium sized saucepan if you would like to consume warm. Enjoy!
- This recipe was inspired from Wawona Foods at a local farmers market Peach Party!
Have you ever made a peach bbq? If so, what did you like about it?! I would love to hear more recipe ideas! 🙂