Broccoli Pesto Dip for the win! Try out this dip as an alternative to a high-fat, high-sodium store bought dip for your next gathering!
I have been MIA for a few weeks due to a traditional family vacation and then an unfortunate family death in NY. Crazy how life is sometimes, huh? We ended our vacation and headed straight to the airport to fly out to be with the family. On the bright side, we ate pizza and bagels every day 🙂
Broccoli is one of my favorite veggies and pesto is just simply amazing. I came across a broccoli pesto dip and was basically mind blown! I knew I had to make my own and try it out. It’s safe to say I was impressed, haha!
Behind the color GREEN: The natural plant pigment chlorophyll colors green fruits and vegetables. Cruciferous veggies like broccoli contain phytochemicals which may have anti-cancer properties. Woo! In addition green veggies are excellent sources of vitamin K, folic acid, and potassium.
Have you ever made broccoli pesto? If not I hope you find time to enjoy this recipe!
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2/3 cup walnuts (toasted)
- 1/2 cup fresh Parmesan
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil
- 1/2 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup EVOO
- salt and pepper to taste
- Steam broccoli for a few minutes until it is bright green but not too soft. Plunge in an ice bath to stop cooking. Remove and pat with a paper towel to dry. Purée in a blender or food processor with the remainder of the ingredients.
- Serve with fresh veggies, pita bread, or chips!