Yellow Squash Cheesy Biscuits – a Dietitian’s twist on a biscuit…always sneakin’ in those veggies!
A healthy lifestyle, in my opinion, is about balance and being realistic. Some days I eat salads and drink kombucha, and some days I eat three yellow squash cheesy biscuits and eat cookies. Life balance. 😉
I get tired of always sautéing my squash so I wanted to try something different. This is what I came up with…complete yumminess!! Yumminess? Yep, just made up a new word. Who knew sneaking a veggie into your biscuits would turn out so well!? I don’t have kids yet, but I think this would be perfect for them if I did!
Let’s get cookin’…
- 1 large yellow squash
- 2 cups AP flour
- 1 cup Coconut flour
- 4 T unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 t baking soda
- 1 T baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- 3/4 cup 1% milk
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using a cheese grater, grate the yellow squash and set aside. Combine all of the dry ingredients and the stir in the squash. (I used my hands because it was easier!)
- Add in the butter, milk, honey and cheese. Get a little bit of flour on your hands, and use your hands to mix it all up! Roll into balls - really whatever size you prefer.
- In a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish, place the dough balls next to each other with about 1 inch space in between.
- Bake for 22 minutes, or until lightly golden on top. Serve with butter and enjoy!
- Recipe inspired by littlehouseliving.com
Did you make this recipe? Tag @krolls_korner on Instagram or send me a pic, I’d love to see!