Ground Beef and Noodles (Asian Style)
Ground Beef and Noodles comes together quickly and is made with a handful of Asian condiments. It's the perfect weeknight dinner solution!
Servings 4 people
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 large white onion, diced small
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced (about 2 cloves)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- noodles of choice (ramen noodles, rice noodles, egg noodles, etc.)
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. mirin
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp. hoisin
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Sriracha (optional)
- finely sliced green onions, toasted sesame seeds, red pepper flakes
Mix the ingredients together for the sauce in a small bowl or mason jar.
Heat sesame oil and vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add the onion and garlic and cook; stirring, until fragrant, ~5 minutes.
Add ground beef and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon until meat is no longer pink.
Add the sauce and green onions and bring to a simmer. Taste and season with salt and pepper, as desired.
Remove from heat and serve immediately with noodles of choice. (We went with egg noodles). Garnish with more green onions and sesame seeds if desired.
- Other noodles to enjoy with include: ramen noodles or rice noodles.
- Feel free to swap ground beef with ground turkey or ground chicken.
- We love this meal with roasted broccoli on the side.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 415kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 650mg | Potassium: 359mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 2mg