Chopped Oriental Chicken Salad
This Oriental Chicken Salad is incredibly delicious and equally simple to make!
Servings 6 people
For the salad
- 2 cups shredded Romaine lettuce
- 2 cups shredded Napa Cabbage
- 2 cups shredded Red Cabbage
- 2 large carrots, julienned (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 3 cups shredded chicken (~1 1/2 lbs. chicken)
- 3.5 oz. bag Crunchy Wonton Noodles
- 1 cup mandarin orange slices, drained
- 1 bunch scallions, diced (~1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
For the dressing
- 1/4 cup Grapeseed oil (or canola oil or any other neutral flavored oil)
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ginger, minced
- 1 tsp. garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. chili-garlic sauce
- 1/4 tsp. salt & pepper
In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, Napa cabbage, purple cabbage, carrots, edamame, shredded chicken and wonton noodles. Gently toss in or garnish the salad with mandarin oranges, scallions and slivered almonds.
Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl or mason jar and toss the salad with the dressing. Serve.
If you need to make the shredded chicken, season chicken tenderloins or breasts with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place on a baking sheet with a rack on top and spray with oil or nonstick spray. Bake the chicken at 400°F for 20-25 minutes or until they chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F at the thickest part of the chicken.
You can either slice the chicken up or shred. Pro tip: use a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment to shred your chicken with ease!
Calories: 544kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 41g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 114mg | Sodium: 757mg | Potassium: 564mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 6007IU | Vitamin C: 36mg | Calcium: 128mg | Iron: 2mg