Cranberry Apricot Chicken
This dish is quick and easy, yet looks elegant so it will impress your guests or loved ones!
Servings 4 servings
- 3-4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, such as a chardonnay
- 1/2 cup slivered dried apricots
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tsp. orange zest
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch mixed with 1 Tbsp. water
- Garnish: green onions and slivered orange peel, optional
In a large frying pan, combine broth, orange juice, cranberry juice, white wine, apricots, cranberries and zest. Whisk gently to combine.
Add the chicken to this mixture and bring to a boil. Cover with a lid, reduce heat to simmer until the thickest part (the middle usually) of the chicken is no longer pink. (15-20 minutes).
Transfer chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm.
Bring the liquid in the pan back to a boil, uncovered. Next stir in the cornstarch and water mixture and whisk until thickened. (Season to taste with salt and pepper if desired).
Spoon sauce over the chicken. Garnish with green onions and slivered orange peel if desired. Serve with couscous, pilaf, pasta, etc. and your favorite veggies.
- I like to serve this chicken with couscous or rice and a veggie - like asparagus or broccoli!
Serving: 1serving (chicken only) | Calories: 214kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 425mg | Potassium: 679mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 699IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg