Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats make mornings MUCH easier or prep the night before, and heat up in the AM! Be sure to note the time it takes for the Instant pot to pressurize (about 9 minutes) and then natural release for a total cooking time of about 35 minutes - but it's totally hands off!
Servings 4 people
- 1 1/2 cups milk*
- 1 1/2 cups water filtered
- 1 cup Steel-Cut Oats
- 1 cinnamon stick or 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt (about 1/4 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract (optional)
- toppings: raisins, brown sugar, fresh fruit, honey (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. honey or maple syrup (optional)
In the Instant Pot, pour in the milk, water, oats, cinnamon stick/ground cinnamon, vanilla bean paste/extract, honey/maple syrup and salt. Give this a gentle stir to mix.
Secure the lid, be sure the valve is set to the sealing position. Plug in the Instant Pot and press manual and set it to HIGH pressure 4 minutes.
Once the Instant Pot beeps, let sit for an additional 20 minutes (this is called the natural release method, the time will count up).
Switch the top knob to venting and let any extra steam release. (I usually like to do this with a towel or pot holder to be safe of any hot steam).
Remove the lid and use a wooden spoon to stir. Remove cinnamon stick (if you used one), and top with your favorite oatmeal toppings! I like peanut butter & bananas.
- *I use whole milk, but you can use whatever milk you like best.
- Leftover cooked oatmeal will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat on the stove or in the microwave, adding extra milk as needed to loosen up the oats.
- Want to make this with rolled oats? No prob. You will use a 2 to 1 ratio or 2 cups liquid/milk to 1 cup oats! Cooking time & method is the SAME!
Serving: 1serving (no toppings) | Calories: 112kcal