Roasted Beet Salad with Feta
This simple, healthy and easy roasted beet salad is packed with nutrition and is delicious when accompanied with grilled chicken!
Servings 6 people
- 5 medium red beets
- 1 lemon juice (about 3-4 Tbsp.)
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 shallot , minced
- 2 green onions , chopped
Roast the beets
Preheat oven to 425°F. Wash beets well and place in an oven-safe dish and cover with foil.
Roast beets in oven for 1-2 hours, depending on size. Once done, you should be able to stick a fork or toothpick in easily.
Let roasted beets sit for 30 minutes before you remove the skin. Be sure to use a paper towel or gloves to peel off the skin!
- Beets are like sponges — they soak everything up! This is why I let the beets marinate for a few minutes in the olive oil to get extra tasty.
- You may also use parsley instead of green onions as a substitute.
- Also, if you don't have time to roast the beets, you can buy baby beets or pre-cooked beets (I like the brand Love Beets).