Simple Spaghetti Squash
A delicious and simple way to enjoy your spaghetti squash is with marinara sauce. Spaghetti Squash is best made by roasting in the oven, or if you have an Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker that's a great way to cook it too!
Servings 2 people
- 1 spaghetti squash (2-4 lb. squash)
- 1 jar (23oz.) marinara sauce
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 clove fresh garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut spaghetti squash in half and place flesh side up. Lather the olive oil on the insides of the squash and sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper on it as well. Place the 2 halves faced down on a baking sheet lined with foil. Bake for 40 minutes, or until inside is tender. You should be able to run a fork through the flesh easily. (Instant Pot cooking directions in the notes below and be sure to watch the video!)
While the squash is cooking, heat up your sauce in a small saucepan on the stove. Add in the basil, garlic, and oregano. I like adding more herbs to my jarred red sauce - if your sauce already has great flavor then don't worry about adding anything!
Serve spaghetti squash in a bowl or plate and top with sauce, enjoy!
How to make in your Instant Pot:
- Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Place the trivet down on the bottom and then add 1 cup of water.
- Arrange the squash in the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and make sure the Instant Pot is set on sealing and not venting!
- Set to manual, high-pressure for 7 minutes. If you have a rather large spaghetti square (2 pounds + cook for 10 minutes)
- When the timer goes off, use the quick release method by switching the valve from sealing to venting carefully with a towel so you do not burn your hand!
- Wait about 3-5 minutes for the steam and pressure to dissipate.
- Open the lid and test the squash. Use the tines of a fork to separate the cooked squash. Take a bite to test that it’s done. (I like my squash tender but not mushy).
Serving: 0.5squash | Calories: 221kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 8.9g