French Toast Breakfast Board
This French Toast Breakfast Board is made with homemade, fluffy French Toast and all of your favorite breakfast must-haves: bacon, syrup, fresh fruit, scrambled eggs and more!
Servings 8 (varies)
- 1 loaf French Bread, Challah or thick white bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 4-6 Tbsp. butter
Breakfast board ideas
- Berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries)
- Jams or jellies
- Bacon and/or sausage
- Scrambled Eggs or Hard Boiled
- Chocolate Chips
- Cinnamon and Sugar
- Powdered Sugar
- Whipped Cream
For the French Toast
Cut bread of choice into thick slices. Bread needs to be dry so either leave the bread overnight uncovered on a baking sheet, or preheat oven to 250°F and toast for 20 minutes, flipping halfway.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Then whisk in the milk, vanilla extract, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg until combined and no streaks of egg remain.
Drop a piece of the thickly sliced bread into the custard and let sit for 20-30 seconds on each side. Repeat with remaining bread slices.
Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the soaked pieces of bread to the pan and cook 3-5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Don’t overcrowd the pan. You will need to work in batches, adding more butter to pan as needed.
Place the French toast onto a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet and place in the oven at 250°F while you cook the remaining French toast.
For the Breakfast Board
Select the board you want to build on: this can be a large wood cutting board, a rectangular slate board or a large marble board.
Gather small bowls, appetizer forks, spreaders, spoons, etc. for serving
Wash and slice fruit(s) being used and gently pat dry.
Assemble the board. Remove theFrench toast from the oven and arrange down the middle of the board. Place bacon, fruits, syrups, etc. all around the French toast. It’s a blank canvas, let your creativity flow!
Serve immediately and replenish the board as necessary.
- Assemble French toast first and arrange items around it from there.
- Try not to leave empty spaces. Full in with more fruit, jams, smaller items
- Time saving tip: Prep the French toast in advance and keep warm in the oven until you are ready to build you board.Have fun with a variety of your favorite breakfast foods to enjoy withFrench toast, the sky is the limit!