Cast Iron Skillet Cookie
The Ultimate Cast Iron Skillet Cookie! It's gooey on the inside with crispy edges, slightly under baked in a cast iron skillet, and made with two types of chocolate. Top with vanilla ice cream and grab a spoon!
Servings 4 people
- 8 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. softened butter to grease cast iron
Preheat the oven to 350°F
Make the browned butter* and set aside in a large bowl to cool.
While the butter cools, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium size bowl.
Once the browned butter has cooled, whisk in the egg, brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla extract and milk.
Stir dry ingredients into wet and then gently fold in the milk chocolate chips and combine. Grease a 10 inch cast iron skillet with softened butter.
Spread batter into the skillet evenly using a rubber spatula. Top with chocolate chunks. Bake for ~15-17 minutes or until edges are slightly browned. Oven times may vary.
Cool for a few minutes before digging in, if you can wait! Serve with vanilla bean ice cream.
How to make browned butter:
- Place the butter into a light colored pan over medium heat.
- Stir the butter with a whisk or rubber spatula the whole time until the butter begins to foam and butter begins to brown,~6-8 minutes.
- It's important to not walk away during this process because the butter can burn quickly.
- When it's done you will notice the milk solids at the bottom of the pan become brown.
- Remove the butter from heat, and pour into a large heat-proof bowl (such as glass or stainless) to let cool ~10 minutes.
- Do not let butter cool in the pan, as it will continue to brown and possibly burn.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 675kcal | Carbohydrates: 87g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 110mg | Sodium: 508mg | Potassium: 178mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 54g | Vitamin A: 806IU | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 3mg