Carrot Cake Bread
Carrot Cake Bread is a delicious quick bread, easier to make compared to a layered carrot cake, it's moist and filled with carrot cake flavor. It's finished off with a to-die-for cream cheese frosting and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Servings 8 hearty slices
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 2 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, grated
- 1 (8 oz.) package of cream cheese
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup diced prunes or raisins
- 8 oz. package softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
Preheat the oven to 350°F
In a medium sized bowl, mix the dry ingredients together: flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
Fold in the grated carrots and set aside.
In another bowl, using a rubber spatula, press the 8 oz. (1 package) softened cream cheese into the bowl to smooth it out. Then pour in the sugar and incorporate the two ingredients together until smooth.
Then whisk in the eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
Fold the dry ingredients into the wet until no more floury pockets remain. Lastly, fold in the diced prunes.
Pour into a prepared 9"-x-5" loaf pan (spray with non stick spray) and bake for ~60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let cool completely and then make the frosting.
For the frosting
Using a hand beater or whisk, mix together softened cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and a pinch of salt until smooth. Spread the frosting on top of the cooled carrot cake and dust with cinnamon if desired.
- Add in 3/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts if desired.
- Some ovens may take longer to bake, some may take a shorter amount of time. Anywhere from 55-65 minutes should be plenty of time.
- To ensure your carrot cake stays moist, do not over bake the carrot cake.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 542kcal | Carbohydrates: 82g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Potassium: 379mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 49g | Vitamin A: 4262IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 222mg | Iron: 2mg