Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls
Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Bowls is an easy 30 minute meal that is great for meal prep for a healthy weeknight dinner! The chicken is so tender and the flavors are unbelievable! You'll never want a burrito bowl without using your Pressure Cooker or Instant Pot again!
Servings 4 people
- 1 pound chicken breasts, boneless, skinless (thighs work too)
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1/3 cup yellow onion, diced (white onion works too)
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced (3-4 cloves)
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- Garnish ideas: salsa, cilantro, limes, tortilla chips, sour cream/Greek yogurt, guacamole, avocado, cheese, jalapeño, diced tomatoes
Cut the chicken into 1 inch pieces. In a bowl, combine chicken with salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder and chopped cilantro. Set aside.
Heat instant pot to sauté. Add in the olive oil. Sauté the yellow onion for ~3-4 minutes. Stir occasionally. Add in garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
Add in seasoned cubed chicken, followed by the salsa, chicken broth, diced green chiles, and black beans. Stir to combine. Pour the rice on top of all of the ingredients. (Do not stir!) Attach the lid and seal. Be sure the valve on top is set to sealing and not venting.
Turn the Instant Pot to high pressure for 10 minutes. Natural release for 2 minutes and then quick release by turning the valve to venting (be careful and use a towel or pot holder so the steam doesn't burn your hand).Serve and garnish with your favorite toppings!
Freezer friendly and great for meal prep!
BROWN RICE INSTRUCTIONS: 1 cup broth, 1 cup brown rice. Cook on high pressure for 20-25 minutes.
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 383kcal