Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
Cauliflower Alfredo is a great way to lighten up your next weeknight dinner!
Servings 4 people
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 4 Tablespoons garlic I used jarred garlic
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 Tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
- optional: squeeze of fresh lemon
- salt and pepper To Taste
Bring chicken broth to a boil in a large pot. While it comes to boil, chop cauliflower into small pieces. Drop cauliflower into boiling broth, turn heat down to medium/low and cover with a lid. Let the cauliflower cook for 10 minutes or until soft with a fork.
Meanwhile, in a small saute pan, cook garlic and butter for 3-4 minutes over medium heat. Once cauliflower is done, stain and dump into your food processor or food blender. (Reserve 1/2 cup broth!). Mix the broth, cauliflower and remaining ingredients in food processor until smooth.
Enjoy sauce over pasta and steamed veggies!