Sweet Potato Turkey Burger Sliders
Sweet Potato Turkey Burger Sliders are paleo, gluten free and full of antioxidants! They are great for parties, meal prep or appetizers!
Servings 16 sliders
- 1 pound lean ground turkey thawed
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp. basil, dried
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 medium sweet potatos sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil for cooking burgers and tossing sweet potato rounds
- tomato, spinach, ketchup, mustard
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Place sliced sweet potatoes evenly on the baking sheet and drizzle with 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Cook in oven for 20 minutes, or until tender. Remove and set aside.
In a large bowl, mix the ground turkey with cheese, onion, garlic and seasonings. Once fully incorporated, mix in the egg, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
Shape turkey burger patties into small sliders. You want them to be able to fit nicely on the sweet potato "buns." Heat olive in a large frying pan, and cook turkey burger on the stove over medium heat, or on a grill if you prefer.
Once burgers are fully cooked, build your burgers with your favorite toppings!