Avocado Shrimp Ceviche
Need a heart healthy appetizer for the Super Bowl? This Avocado Shrimp Ceviche is a crowd pleaser!
Servings 8 people
- 1 pound shrimp, cooked and peeled 91/110s
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 1 serrano, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 Mission Produce Avocados - 1 to cut and mix in, 1 to serve on top
In a large glass bowl, mix together shrimp, onion, lime juice, lemon juice, orange juice, garlic, vinegar, hot sauce, serrano and jalapeno. Mix together and let marinate in fridge for 1.5 hours.
When ready to serve, mix in the tomatoes, cucumber, cilantro, and avocado. Then, top with more avocado and serve with tortilla chips. *You may cut the shrimp in half, or use a smaller shrimp size.