5-Ingredient Energy Bars
Perfect energizing snack for on the go, or pair with a piece of fruit for breakfast!
Servings 8 bars
- 1 cup almonds*, pulsed or roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cup quick 1-minute oats, uncooked
- 1/2 cup honey (or maple syrup)**
- 1 cup almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
- 1 cup dried cranberries, dried tart cherries, chocolate chips, other dried fruits or nuts.
Place almonds, oats, and cranberries (or other mix ins you want) in a medium sized bowl. Heat the honey, coconut oil and nut butter in a small saucepan over low heat until mixed. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the oat and almond mixture and stir together.
Once mixed, transfer to an 8x8-inch baking dish and flatten into a 1-inch thick square.
Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge overnight or for 2-3 hours. Then, cut and store in an airtight container. Will stay good for up to 5 days in fridge. (I also like to store mine in a freezer safe baggie. When I am ready to grab a bar, I'll let it sit on the counter for 10 minutes to soften and then enjoy!)
- *I pulsed my almonds in my food processor a couple times before mixing or you can roughly chop with a knife.
- **May sub honey for maple syrup. If vegan, use organic pure maple syrup
- ***May sub peanut butter for almond butter or your favorite nut butter.
- I also like to break up the bars and use as granola!
- Store bars in fridge or freezer (not in pantry or counter)
Serving: 1bar | Calories: 448kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 124mg | Potassium: 426mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 165mg | Iron: 2mg