Mom's One Pan Taco Skillet
Such an easy and tasty weeknight dinner recipe. Makes great leftovers for lunch the next day too!
Servings 8 people
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups southwest salsa hot - or salsa of choice
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 5-10 Tortillas
- 1, 15oz. can low sodium kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1, 10 3/4 oz. can low sodium tomato soup
- 1, 1 oz (28g) packet taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese for garnish
In a large non stick skillet over medium heat, cook the ground turkey with olive oil, diced onion and garlic until the meat is no longer pink. Drain out any liquid leftover in the pan.
Add in the taco seasoning, salsa, tomato soup, and kidney beans. Mix together and bring to a boil, then let it simmer on low for about 5-10 minutes.
Right before serving, mix in sliced tortilla strips and top with cheese. Enjoy!
For a spicy kick, add in jalapeños or Sriracha!
*Can sub black beans for kidney beans.
Leave tortilla on the side if you plan on enjoying leftovers the next day.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 172kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 613mg | Potassium: 352mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 345IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 91mg | Iron: 1mg