Homemade Cheerio Trail Mix
A nutrient dense snack for busy families on the go.
Servings 5 cups
- 3 cups Cheerios plain or honey nut
- 1/3 cup Dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup Golden raisins
- 1/2 cup Cashews
- 1/4 cup Pepitas
- 1/4 cup Walnuts
- 1/4 cup Peanut butter (or nut butter of your preference)
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Butter, unsalted
In a large bowl mix Cheerios, cranberries, golden raisins, cashews, pepitas and walnuts together.
In a small sauce pan over medium heat, melt the peanut butter, honey and butter together. Pour over Cheerio mixture and stir to combine.
Store in fridge for 2 hours before consuming. Enjoy as is or on yogurt.
- Store in fridge. This helps prevent Cheerios from getting 'melty.'
- Great on yogurt or as is for a healthy snack.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 437kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 217mg | Potassium: 388mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 701IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 6mg