Mint Chocolate Brownie Energy Bites
These energy bites are full of minty flavor, fiber and omega-3s. Perfect afternoon snack or after dinner treat!
Servings 12 bites
- 8 Medjool dates*, pitted and chopped
- 20 Andes mints, divided (~1/4 cup melted)
- 1 cup walnuts, pulsed
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup quick 1 minute oats or oat flour
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted (+ 2 tsp. coconut oil for melting Andes mints)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (can sub mint or peppermint extract for an even more minty flavor)
- 1 tsp. honey (optional for a touch of sweetness)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Melt 10 Andes mints with 1 tsp. coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl for ~30 seconds or until smooth. Set aside.
Pulse walnuts in a food processor until crumbly. Set aside. Wipe food processor clean.
Add chopped Medjool dates to the bowl of a food processor and process until somewhat of a paste forms.
Turn machine off and add in the chopped walnuts, cocoa powder, oats, peanut butter, melted Andes mints, coconut oil, honey, vanilla and salt. Process again until a dough forms.
Use a cookie scoop to portion out the bites and roll mixture into a ball. Place bites on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and freeze for 10 minutes to allow balls to harden a bit.
Melt the remaining chocolate mints and 1 tsp. coconut oil in the microwave. Drizzle chocolate on top of chilled energy bites.
Enjoy right away or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Soak Medjool dates in warm water for ~10 minutes to soften, if needed. Sometimes fresh dates are soft enough and you can skip this step!
- Warm peanut butter in the microwave for ~30 seconds if it's not very creamy or drippy.
- Makes ~12-14 energy bites
- Store bites in freezer safe bag for up to 2 weeks.
Serving: 1bite | Calories: 173kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 73mg | Potassium: 215mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 21IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg