Quinoa Fried Rice
Quinoa Fried Rice is a fun alternative to the typical fried rice and will give you a boost of protein and fiber!
Servings 8 people
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa ~2.5 cups cooked
- 2 cups Vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp. ginger, minced
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 eggs
- salt, pepper, red pepper chili flakes
- 3 Tbsp. Soy sauce, low sodium or liquid aminos
- 1 tsp. Sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. Mr. Yoshinda's sweet and savory sauce
Rinse and cook quinoa according to package. Once cooked, remove from heat, fluff with fork, place in a bowl and put in fridge to cool.
Mix the 3 ingredients for the sauce together and set aside.
Heat 1 Tbsp. EVOO in a wok on high heat. Toss in the carrots and the onions and cook for a couple minutes. Then add in the garlic, salt, pepper, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and ginger and cook for 2 more minutes. Add the remaining EVOO and the quinoa.
Add the sauce until nicely incorporated. Make a well in the middle of the quinoa to pour the 2 eggs. Pour eggs in and scramble.Once eggs have cooked, toss in the peas and corn. Mix together, enjoy warm!
You may substitute teriyaki sauce for Mr. Yoshinda's.
Can add in tofu, chicken, shrimp or steak.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 189kcal