Black Bean Avocado Brownies
Making healthy black bean avocado brownies is not something I may have done growing up as a little girl, but I sure do love lick the spoon and bowl clean!
Servings 9 brownies
- 1 15 oz. can black beans rinsed well and drained
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup sugar*
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 avocado, medium in size
- dark chocolate chips enough to cover top of batter when in pan, about 1/2 cup-3/4 cup
Preheat oven to 350° F. Mix all ingredients in a food processor (except the chocolate chips) until smooth.
Spray an 8x8 inch baking pan with non-stick spray or (lightly coat with coconut oil) and scoop brownie batter into pan. (You can mix in some chocolate chips in at this point too if you'd like.) Sprinkle enough chocolate chips to cover the top of batter ~1/2-3/4 cup.
Cook for 38-40 minutes or until you poke brownies with a toothpick and it comes out clean.
Let sit for 20 minutes before you cut. (If you can wait that long)! Store in fridge for up to 5 days & enjoy!
- *You can also sub the 3/4 cup sugar with 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce + 1/2 cup coconut sugar.
- Drizzle these brownies with peanut butter if desired!
- Other variations: add crumbled oreos on top. Make festive for holidays by adding on colored M&M's or seasonal chocolates!
Serving: 1brownie | Calories: 212kcal