I hope everyone has been having a great week! Today’s post is going to be short & sweet. I wanted to give you all a fun and easy recipe to make…it’s perfect for a dinner party or a get together with friends and family.
She added extra pineapple juice in her spread, but I found it made the mixture too runny.
- 8 oz. low fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup low fat sour cream
- 3/4 cup fresh pineapple chopped
- 1/4 orange bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 celery rib finely chopped
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley I used curly but did not include in picture
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 50-70 perfect pecan halves to make the pineapple effect
- Cut the top off the pineapple and cut the top in half lengthwise. Keep in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, whip the cream cheese and sour cream on medium until smooth and creamy. I had my cream cheese at room temperature so it was easier to mix.
- Mix all of the remaining ingredients into the cream cheese/sour cream mixture. (45 seconds) (Except the perfect pecan halves, those go on top.)
- Scoop the spread onto the final serving plate and shape into a barrel. Make sure the plate is big enough to fit the top of the pineapple on the plate. But don't put it on top yet, cover the spread with plastic wrap and let sit in fridge for 4 -5 hours, or overnight to let the flavors fully develop.
- Right before you're ready to serve the spread, place the pecans on top. If you put them on too early, they might get soggy.
- Place the pineapple top at the top of the barrel shaped cheese and you're done!
- Great source of Vitamin C, manganese, copper, vitamin B1, Vitamin B6, dietary fiber, folate, and pantothenic acid.
- Potential anti-inflammatory and digestive benefits
- Supports immune system
- Protects against Macular Degeneration
Hi, I’m Tawnie!
Welcome to my tiny “korner” on the Internet! I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist who loves cookies as much as kale. (OK, maybe I like cookies a little bit more but shh, don’t tell anyone). I am so glad you’re here! Follow along for hassle free, realistic and approachable recipes.More about Tawnie