Happy Easter Y’all!
This Easter holiday I was pondering what yummy Easter goodies to make…and it hit me…Easter Caramel Apples!! I have never made homemade caramel so I was so excited about this recipe. Trust me when I say this…use a candy thermometer!! I couldn’t find ours in the house and my caramel was not turning out how I wanted it to all because I was not getting it to the right temperature. (So I ended up using regular store bought caramel, shhh). But any-who…these are a great Easter dessert, fun for everyone!
- 5 Granny Smith Apples
- Wooden Sticks can purchase at craft store
- Toppings: MnMs nuts, chocolate, etc.
- Wash and dry apples. Try to get the wax coating off to make it easier for the caramel to stick.
- Melt caramel in a double boiler and stir until melted.
- Push the wooden apple sticks into the top of the apples.
- By holding the apples by the stick, dip apples one at a time into the melted caramel and allow excess caramel to drip off.
- Place apples on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place your toppings on your apple. Put apples in the fridge for ~30 minutes to let the caramel and toppings set. Enjoy!