These 7-Ingredient Brownie Mint Energy Bites are a delicious afternoon snack or after dinner treat! Get all of the brownie goodness in just a couple bites!
Disclosure: This post is not sponsored, I was not compensated for my time, nor was I asked to post this recipe. All opinions are my own.
Hey guys! Hope you are having a great week so far! I made this Brownie Mint Energy Bites with Eating Evolved Coconut Butter Mint Cream Cups last weekend and loved how the recipe turned out. I got the inspiration for brownie bites when I was reading a magazine in Angels Camp, CA getting my nails done and thought hey – brownie energy bites would be a fantastic idea. Do I have any chocolate at home? (Of course I have chocolate at home, who am I kidding…) So a few days after I got home from Angels Camp I started to recipe develop – I clearly couldn’t wait!
Roasting the hazelnuts is totally necessary in this recipe – it adds such a nice flavor to these little bites of brownie heaven. The bulk of the sweetness in the recipes comes naturally from the dates ((yay for potassium and fiber!)) The Eating Evolved cups have minimal ingredients and are KEY in this recipe. Here are the ingredients in the cups: Organic Coconut, Organic Cacao, Organic Coconut Sugar, Organic Cacao Butter, Organic Peppermint Oil. Amazing right?
No time to look now? Pin this recipe for later!
I’ll get straight to the point! Here is the recipe below. I high recommend storing the brownie bites in the freezer! They will last for up to 2 weeks (if no one eats them all by then!)
[Tweet “Get all of the brownie goodness (with a boost of potassium + fiber too) with these Brownie Mint Energy Bites!”]
Brownie Mint Energy Bites
- 10 Medjool dates pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 Eating Evolved Mint Cream Coconut Butter Cups room temperature or slightly melted (sub York peppermint patties)
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts
- 2/3 cup peanut butter or almond, soy, sunflower, etc.
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt optional
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Line a small rimmed baking sheet with foil and spread the hazelnuts evenly on the foil. While the oven is preheating, soak the dates in water to get them soft.
- Toast the hazelnuts in the oven for 10 minutes. Allow the nuts to cool and rub off the skin from hazelnuts. This step can be done beforehand to save time! Once the nuts are cooled, roughly chop them in the food process and set aside (You will use the nuts to coat the bites at the end)
- In a food processor, pulse the dates until almost paste like. Then add in the coconut butter cups, nut butter, cacao powder, water, peppermint extract, and salt until well combined.
- Roll the mixture into the size ball you prefer, and roll in the chopped hazelnuts to coat. Will make ~15 energy bites. Store in freezer for up to 2 weeks!
Also – don’t forget! You can use code “krolltmt” on the Eating Evolved website at checkout to get a free SURPRISE chocolate bar with purchase! 🙂
Hi, I’m Tawnie!
Welcome to my tiny “korner” on the Internet! I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist who loves cookies as much as kale. (OK, maybe I like cookies a little bit more but shh, don’t tell anyone). I am so glad you’re here! Follow along for hassle free, realistic and approachable recipes.More about Tawnie