I hope everyone is having a nice week so far! I have been busy preparing for my new job and catching up with girlfriends on my down time. After my morning workout today, I stopped by our local health food store (Lassens) and picked up some of this black pean pasta! The brand is “Exploring Asian” and you can find more of their spaghetti varietals here: http://www.explore-asian.com/bean-pasta/
This pasta has so many nutritional health benefits too! Per serving, this spaghetti has 25g of protein, 12g of fiber, 17g of carbs, and 180 calories. With the weather so hot here in Fresno right now, I felt like making this light and lean recipe that won’t leave you feeling overly stuffed.
Not that regular pasta isn’t amazing, but it is nice to know there are so many other healthy alternatives out on the market now! Hope you enjoy!
- 1 package of black bean pasta
- 6 mini bell peppers cut julienne
- 3 Tbsp. garlic infused olive oil
- 2 T. Kerrygold butter
- 2 T. fresh basil
- pinch of Parmesan cheese for garnish
- salt and pepper TT
- Cook spaghetti according to package, drain. While pasta is hot mix in the olive oil, butter, basil, bell peppers, salt and pepper and top with cheese.