Pizza always makes for a fun appetizer or main entree for friends and family, but it doesn’t always have to be loaded with excess sodium and fats! Ditch the meat lovers pizza and try out this fun twist on pizza!
I found some gorgeous figs at Whole Foods Market and I knew I had to make something delicious with them! Figs are an excellent source of dietary fiber. Just 3 to 5 – dried or fresh – provide 5 grams of dietary fiber. They are also loaded with antioxidants and potassium. Last year around this time, Fresno had a “Fig Fest” and we got to sample many different foods made with figs and it was so fun to see how people got creative with them! I was so bummed when I heard they were not having it this year! I love seeing how people make food sexy 🙂
Anyways, I hope you enjoy this 20 minute recipe!
- 2 flatbreads (brand of your choice)
- 4 oz. goat cheese crumbles
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 8-10 fresh figs, washed and thinly sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach and arugula mix
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lay flatbreads on a baking sheet.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the honey and goat cheese. I used a fork and it worked perfectly. Mix until smooth. Using the fork, spread evenly across the flatbreads.
- Then, lay the fig slices on the flatbread and sprinkle each flatbread with 1 large handful (or 1 cup) or the arugula and spinach mix.
- Cook in oven for 5-7 minutes. Enjoy!