July 2016 – Theme
Get Your Fruits and Veggies in Shape
With produce galore, now’s a great time to enjoy lots of fruits and vegetables. Show us how you’re serving the bounty of gardens and orchards in shapes like ribbons, noodles, cut-outs, or other creative cuts.
It’s that time of the month again! When I read this theme I immediately thought of zoodles, probably just like many other Reduxers! I wanted to make something different with the zoodles though. I typically make a dinner item with them, so this time I tried breakfast!
These Zoodle Breakfast Nests are a perfect on the go meal and have the fiber and protein to sustain you through the morning. They only took me 20 minutes to prep and 15 to cook – super simple! I used a little bit of breadcrumbs for a binding agent, but I think quinoa would also go well in these – and also add more of a nutritional punch. Enjoy!
- 2 zucchini, spiralized
- 1 tomato, seeds removed and diced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup fresh Parmesan
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a medium mixing bowl, mix everything together. (You might want to cut the zoodles into smaller bite sized strands if they are too long)
- Spray muffin/cupcake tin with PAM. Spoon mixture into each cup and press down with back of the spoon. Top with additional Parmesan if desired. Cook for 15 minutes and enjoy warm!