How beautiful is this weeks Farm to Families produce box? I was able to use 5 ingredients from the box in this new recipe. I never had thought of using sweet potato in a stir fry, but it turned out SO well! 🙂
In Week 15’s box you will find: Bok choy, Cantaloupe, Corn, grapefruit, green bell peppers, mint, pears, romaine, shallots, strawberries, vine tomatoes, and 2 large yams. I love all vibrant colors in this dish…the orange and the green compliment each other so nicely. The bok choy is added in at the very end and contains a ton of vitamins and minerals – vitamin A, potassium, zinc, and vitamin C!
Don’t forget to order YOUR Farm to Families box Monday-Thursday by 3PM by calling 559.442.1932, e-mail email@example.com, or NOW ONLINE ORDERING is available!
Disclosure: I was compensated for my time by 1st Quality Produce to write this post. All opinions of content are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands and companies I collaborate with through Kroll’s Korner.
- 1 bunch of bok choy, roughly chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 large yam
- 1/2 white onion, sliced
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1/5 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 T EVOO
- green onion for garnish
- 3 T low sodium soy sauce
- 1 T mirin
- 1 tsp. oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- red pepper chili flakes
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Saute white onion, shallots, and garlic for about 5 minutes. Next add in sweet potato, garlic powder and salt and pepper for 10 minutes. (Be careful - the sweet potatoes might stick to the bottom of your pan so make sure there is enough olive oil to coat them!)
- While sweet potatoes are cooking, make the sauce. In a small saucepan, mix all ingredients together. Easy as that! Bring to a boil - add in corn starch + water mixture if you prefer a thicker sauce.
- Then add in mushrooms, bok choy, bell pepper and peas. Stir together gently. Add in brown rice (or you can substitute with Quinoa).