This versatile pesto is so delicious and has such a wonderful flavor. You can serve it over boiled eggs like I did in this recipe, or toss with some pasta, zucchini noodles, or even spaghetti squash.
With Easter right around the corner, this could be a perfect addition for a family brunch. Something new for the kids to venture out and try…and something the adults will drool over! I like these because they are packed with protein and vitamins. The pesto is loaded with fresh herbs and spinach as well for an extra boost of nutrition.
The process is quite simple as well. The most time consuming part is boiling the eggs! 🙂 I hope you get around to making this pesto because it is to.die.for!!
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3-6 boiled eggs
- 1 cup firmly packed baby spinach
- 2/3 cup EVOO
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, firmly packed
- 3 Tbsp. cold water
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. tarragon leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3/4 tsp. Mediterranean sea salt
- Pinch of red pepper chili flakes and pepper (optional)
- Process all ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth. Scrape down sides as needed. Once blended place a dollop over boiled egg halves an sprinkle with any leftover parmesan and a pinch of pepper.
- Recipe inspired from Southern Living Magazine, April 2015 Edition